Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yesterday I made dinner.

I made a hearty Boers Soup.

Here is the recipie:
1 onion (medium sized)
1 table spoon of garlic.
Black pepper ( add to taste)
Sweet basil
1/2 tsp of salt
Whole pumpkin(squash)
2 cups of Heavy cream
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
About 8 inches of bratwurst or boer woors.
2 tomatoes.
1/2 tbs of spicy curry
1 cup of rice.
1/2 cup of water.
*you can add a potatoes if you want I didn't have any so I didn't.

RICE:
Cook the rice separately. Add. One and a half parts water to one part rice, no need to season the rice because it is added to the soup.

Soup:
Remove the bratwurst filling and cook with a diced onion and tomato for 15 minutes or until done. Remove and put into a separate bowl. Next steam the pumpkin until soft. Mash the pumpkin, add the cream, cinnamon and salt. Mash again until smooth.
Combine meat and pumpkin (squash) mixture
In large pot. Add curry ,black pepper and water simmer for 15 minutes. Your rice should be done you can either mix the rice in with the soup or pour the soup over the rice. I added the rice and cooked it a bit longer. Enjoy.


Side note: The second photo is what we call soft porridge. I am not that fond of it taste wise .... Ill give it a chance... I wasn't that fond of goat intestines at first either.

Michael Akshay

No comments:

Post a Comment