Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I didn't get that cheese burger... It was a double breakfast... brunch kind of a day.

I had a very simple breakfast followed by a second breakfast. Every morning I usually will have a bite to eat and a cup of tea with one or two of my coworkers. Today we had some lychees , a huge banana, and some instant oats, all washed down by a glorious cup of tea. I had made arrangements with my friend Maggie to make a cheeseburger run in Polokwane. It took two hours to get to Polokwane but we made it. Bus followed by crazy taxi, I almost died twice. Upon arriving I felt the need to quell my need of coffee. I don't do instant. I remembered having a good cup at a cafe in standard bank square so that was where we headed. We marched upstairs where we made our way to Cafe Lime. The cafe and our stomachs were empty so we decided to take a seat outside on the patio. We took one look at the menu... Sold, cheeseburgers out the window. The menu looked fantastic. It had a lot of familiar items... Like french toast... With pesto? I'll try that one next time. No but really they had a wide range of toasted sandwiches, salads and tons of really tasty sounding breakfast items. I ended up having an iced coffee and an omelet with bacon, cheese and tomato. Talk about a wonderful second breakfast! The eggs were perfectly cooked and the ingredients were superb. The coffee was thrown in a blender and crushed to oblivion, a bit weird but refreshing non the less. Our waitress was a blast and the service compared to all of the 'pay no attention to the customer' service we had received elsewhere was great. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for great food, coffee and atmosphere. They had a slew of deserts outside so on my next go around ill hit those up. Oh yea the damage... R66 or about $9.70 for a great second breakfast. A keeper in my book.


Michael Akshay

1 comment:

  1. Yo yo! I couldn't help but notice that most of your blog posts are about food...I approve! Food in Africa is definitely an adventure and when you get the chance to make something good or have a normal meal at a restaurant it's a beautiful thing. I liked the reference to smoked salmon, I can't forget the orgasm you almost had when you ordered smoked salmon with vinegar-drenched chips..
    As for goats...I always knew you were a little sick when you were so eager to not only kill but cut the tongue out of that poor decapitated goat at Scott and Monica's place. Somehow I knew goat-killing (and potentially eel-trapping) were going to be in your future. Cat hitting the water..
    ..Blueberry scones and chocolate peanut butter cookies..I'd settle for a fuckin choc chippie right now.
    Take it easy
    -Ian

    ReplyDelete