Friday, January 7, 2011

Red and char char chaR

Atchar. Atchar is one of the veins of my existence here... Well at least one of my culinary veins. Atchar comes in many variations. Mango and vegetable ... All of it is red and claims to be spicy. None of it is. The mango is pungent and has a faint resemblance to the Indian atchar I'm some what accustom to. On a recent expedition to my local grocery store ( A two or three hour over crowded bus ride to my quote n Quote ' shopping town) I went out on a limb and bought some vegetable atchar with the word Miami in it. My thought process; Miami, internationally known FUN ZONE so why not have an equally fun time with my atchar? Sidenote: there is something fluttering/ buzzing around my room. The last time I heard that sound there was a thump on my chest and a cockroach made a break for it ... A cockroach ran across my chest. Don't worry I hunted the little SOB down. Where was I? Oh yea vegetable atchar... Right. I avoided it for a while. I ate a few pb sandwiches. Sorry I scarffed a few pb sandwiches. But there it stood in my pantry with its evanescent red glow... I couldn't resist. I leaped from my bed and slowly cracked open the jar. I took a big whiff and to my surprise... I was hit with the smell of India. Inja Palace ( the local Indian cow trough and the family favorite Indian joint.) was right in front of me. I slathered it on some bread and the rest is history. another side note: I ate a 2 day old sausage that had been sitting out and it went down great and came out even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment