Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dear Lychee

Dear Lychee.
I just wanted you to know... when I lived in Chicago you made my girl's martini 'sippable'. You beckon me as though I have never tasted a fruit before. I think you are as elegant as you are fashion forward with your studded slip. Passion fruit has nothing on you. what else can I tell you? I love you? I don't know if we should go there yet. Commitment. Your exterior may be rough but I see past it. For I know if I peel away your brash exterior that there is a softer. sweeter. side. Its a personal experience one has with you. A moment when everything around me seems to slow down....ok now that I'm done lusting after one amazing fruit let me just say that the people I work with are amazing. I woke up this morning and mixed together about half of a jar full of some sardines and vegetable atchar. I arrived at school to find out that one of my coworkers had cooked me lunch! sweet. She had cooked me a wonderful fillet of fish along with some steamed vegetables. Here every time I have vegtables they seem to be cooked into oblivion... I think I used the term nuked one time well today they were done perfectly! We all tend to share our lunches so I ended up eating my fish, along with some chicken, steamed veggies, rice, sardines and some atchar. What a fantastic day. I need a nap. The kids had sempe along with some cabbage. Sempe is a bean and maize mixture that is, I want to say boiled but I'm not sure. I actually like the sempe (pronounced Semp-AY)as it is quite healthy and filling. Sidenote: I'm sitting in my room listening to my next door neighbor blast some 90's R&B... so far I've heard Aaliyah , Babyface, Celine Dion and Whitney Houston. I'm waiting for some Mariah and if I'm lucky enough Michael Bolton. Another side note, Michael Bolton is a God out here. I use to listen in college with my ex-girlfriend as a joke. But they are serious about their bolton. They know every word and every melody. It still brings a tear to my eye. Its almost as beautiful as their love for Bryan Adams. As one individual told me " this is the kind of music you listen to with your wife" ha ohhhh Michael Bolton.... Boyz II Men just came on. ( if you don't know who Michael Bolton or Bryan Adams are... Google them... And what were you doing during the 90's?)
Michael Akshay

No comments:

Post a Comment