Saturday, August 20, 2011

Savory Oats ... Made with Sardines in BBQ sauce.

So I've been on an no "processed foods" food plan. Oops. I do eat oatmeal. A great way to start off the day. A little fruit , some tea and my oats, great way to start my day. Well one lunch I got super hungry, so I decided to whip up an easy savory oatmeal.

Savory oatmeal

3/4ths cup of oats.
1 cup of water
1 small avocado
2 tomatoes ( use cherry tomatoes if you have them)
1 can of sardines ( I made the mistake of not looking at the tin and bought sardines in BBC sauce. It was delicious !)
Pinch of salt and pepper
A sprinkle of cayenne pepper .


I pour hot water over my oats and let them sit for 10 minutes. Then I add the rest of my ingredients . Enjoy. The result will be a creamy, tasty, healthy meal. Again... Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment